C-Pen Reader Pen upgrade
- Firmware versions 7.0.51/52/63 can be upgraded
- How to check firmware version
How to upgrade
- Make sure the reader Pen battery is charged to at least 50%.
- Download the latest firmware: C610R 7.0.69
- Connect the Reader Pen to your computer and select U-disk mode.
- Enter the C610R drive (if there are two, pick the large one).
- Copy the extracted files (sysdict.bin & updatesys_7.0.69.bin) to the C610R drive.
- Eject the drive and disconnect it (unplug USB cable).
- On the Reader Pen, navigate to SettingsSoftware Upgrade and select.
- Press yes and wait for upgrade to finish. This may take up to 10 minutes.
- Spanish scanning supported
- Spanish speech supported
- Collins English-English dictionary (Collins English Dictionary 30th Anniversary Edition Tenth Edition).
- English-Spanish bidirectional dictionary (Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes de ingles 4th edition and Oxford Spanish Dictionary 4th edition)
- American English voice supported.
- Read delay (set a delay between scanning and start reading)
- Enlarge and listen to single word (Text Reader Mode).
- Words highlighted when spoken (Text reader & Scan to File mode).
- Look up word in dictionary - shortcut from Scan to File.
For more details, watch the video guide above!